WHEN: Wednesday, August 12 2020
* This training is currently full, but if you are interested in scheduling a Mental Wellness 101 training, please email NRCinstitute@thechicagoschool.edu
The workshop explores mental health from a global perspective; describing the likely cause, the associated stigma, and the importance of recognizing cultural difference. The workshop will also review the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Major Depressive disorder; two of the most common mental illnesses worldwide (Ritchie & Roser, 2018). Participants will also learn how to effectively intervene with individuals who are experiencing suicidality and substance use issues.
- List at least three symptoms of anxiety
- Describe at least three physical symptoms of depression
- Identity at least three warning signs of suicide
- Apply at least DSM-5 criteria for substance use disorders